Work at puy du fou?

Modérateurs : Gendarmes de l'Aurthograf !, Modérateurs

Work at puy du fou?

Message non lupar Ylva » 30 Décembre 2009, 16:11

Hello everyone!
I'm new here and I don't speak french that well.
I'm thinking of working at the parc this season, how is the life there?
What's the best part? I want to know everything

It's a long story why I'm looking for a job there, I have never been to the parc and I don't live in France.
So my next question... Is it possible to found a appartment near the parc if I get a job?
Haha, hope for some answeres...

Happy new year!
Ylva
Balayeur

Message(s) : 2

Re: Work at puy du fou?

Message non lupar Invité » 30 Décembre 2009, 16:35

Humm... how it will be hard for this season... but not for the next'!
Invité

Message non lupar Mathieu Admin » 30 Décembre 2009, 16:56

Hi and welcome to Puyfolonaute.com !

You've never gone to the park ? You don't speak french ? It will a little bit hard for your future recruitment !

In my opinion you'll be perfect for a job in the welcoming crew of the park thanks to your english. But, you have to know that the majority of the visitors of the Grand Park are french, so you need to speak french even if it's just a few in order to communicate with the rest of the crew.

Even if it's a long story, could you explain why you want to have a job in the park in order to help you the best we can ?

Thanks a lot,
Mathieu
Mathieu Admin
Roy de cette contrée

Message(s) : 4742
Mon spectacle préféré: Le Dernier Panache
Au Puy du Fou, je suis: Puyfolais
Sur Puyfolonaute.com, je suis: Equipe dirigeante
Je suis puyfolais à la cabane/service: Île

Message non lupar Ylva » 30 Décembre 2009, 19:32

Hey!
Sorry if my message sounded complicated.
I speak french, I have study french for 6 years, but it's so much easier for me to write in english when I got the chance. One of the reasons for going to france is to learn french better, because I never speak french in Sweden (where I come from)...

I have got an answere for my application, and I have recently send a letter back with the dates I'm avalible... I have never been to the parc but I've heard a lot about it. And friends have been there, and love it.

It's hard to start to speak french, even when I understand written french here quite well...
Sorry for being a stupid tourist
I'm grateful for all of your help, so I'm pleased if you want to share your experiences...
Ylva
Balayeur

Message(s) : 2

Message non lupar vinvin88 » 07 Janvier 2010, 16:44

Hey Ylva,

When you are new, you have to be contacted by the Puy du Fou staff for an interview. You have to speak fluent French but to know german and English could be an advantage for you. But the main thing it's to be available for a long period...From April to September, you could have some hopes...But if you ask for two months for exemple between July and August, i think you have had it! The period, and as well it depends of your skills (reception, etc..). But i think now, the Puy du Fou staff has chosen its workers. Feel free to contact them in pointinfo@puydufou.com or the office with this number: 00 332 51 64 11 11

otherwise, of course there are some appartments available for workers like you, but i advise you to have a car to move... there is no public transport!
vinvin88
Palefrenier

Message(s) : 61

Message non lupar vinvin88 » 07 Janvier 2010, 16:53

If you have a negative answer, you would always apply for a training, who knows?

otherwise, come this summer to discover the Grand Parc of Puy du Fou and The Cinéscénie, you 'll enjoy definitly this place! i'll work there, and advise you..

And try to be a perfect French speaker and apply for the 2011 season in October-November 2010! Not after, it could be too late
vinvin88
Palefrenier

Message non lupar wallaby » 04 Février 2010, 08:03

Hi mate ! Make sure you apply to the both Grand Parc and Comrest Society in order to have twice more chance to get a job in the Puy du Fou. Where are you ligving now ? Cos I figured out that it was in France as u said, Im new here.

I can tell you that the life in summer over there is just great, Iam working over there as a actor in one of the main show and like it, there're few parties throughout the season where everyone can enjoy himself, this is easy to get an accommodation, ask for a camping, or the coty of les herbiers, and make sure you got a car indeed.
wallaby
Ecuyer

Message(s) : 10

Message non lupar vinvin88 » 27 Avril 2010, 16:11

what a fluent english Benjamin!
vinvin88
Palefrenier

Message non lupar Lescure » 10 Février 2013, 17:05

Does somebody know if our friend finally got a job?
Lescure
Puyfolais

Message(s) : 756
Mon spectacle préféré: La Cinéscénie du Puy du Fou
Au Puy du Fou, je suis: Puyfolais